Friday, April 30, 2010

Bash: 4/30/10

Stress
Thinking back now, I could hardly imagine 2 days ago I was still capable of typing up a 30 minutes blog post at 10pm. All of a sudden, every assignment from every subject seems to be due right after the weekend is over. There's the Asian Studies Unit 5 test, the oral interview, the English soundtrack project, the Mandarin book report, the Physics quiz, the Math test coming up, and all the extra curricular works from tutors. These assignments are not only eating away my weekend, but also slowly evaporating my high school years.

314 Venture Crew
Despite the overloading assignments, I was still able to attend my first "boy scout" meeting last night (which I didn't realize it was a 2-hour meeting). Everyone involved seemed pretty nice and approachable. I was introduced to the crew, participated in a crew position election, then we did the Tenderfoot Requirement: As many sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups you can do, plus a 1/4 mile run in the end. By the time all this ended, it was already 8:30pm, I did homework for the rest of the night.


Package Arrival
On my way home, picked up the Cold Steel Double Agent 2 knife I bought online, with a Lansky knife sharpener and I few knife catalogs I received for free. I was extremely impressed with the Aus-8 Japanese made steel and the serrations cut through layers of paper like butter. The knife sharpener was not that great, it only sharpens plain edge blades and unusable with serrations, but it's not like I paid 500 dollars for a sharpening stone.

Double Agent 2 SESS



And the Lansky Knife sharpener:


And I strongly believe the Venture Crew meeting and the Knife exploring last night were direct causes of my failed Mandarin Test this morning.

P.S. Filling in my Venture Crew application ATM (at the moment)

P.P.S.
Lakers @ Thunders Game 5 tomorrow: WIN or GO HOME



Cheers,
Eddie You (Admin)

2 comments:

  1. You use triangle stones, and use the triangle's angles to keep "arc sharpening" the individual serrations, post something. lol

    ReplyDelete